5 Things To Know About Maple Water
This sweet, natural water has been hyped for its rehydrating ability and help with exercise recovery. Learn more about maple water, including how it’s made and the benefits of including it in your diet!
What is Maple Water?
- Simply put, maple water is the sap from the maple tree. However, it’s not the thick and sticky maple syrup that’s commonly known. Maple water actually looks and feels just like regular water. Both maple water and maple syrup come from the maple tree, but maple water is simply the combination of groundwater mixing with sugar from the tree. This thin, clear liquid is further boiled to create maple syrup.
How Is It Made?
- Although trees produce sap most of the year, it’s only in the spring that maple water is harvested. When the weather is warm during the day and freezing at night, it creates pressure that pulls water through the roots to flow out of the trees. The water absorbs nutrients that have been stored in the tree throughout the winter, creating the sap, or maple water. When the weather stays warm, the liquid stops flowing. .
Why Is It Beneficial?
- Maple water is a low calorie drink with a healthy dose of calcium and antioxidants. It also has a number of antioxidants that maple syrup doesn't retain. Some studies even have shown that maple water can help with hydration and boost exercise performance!
What Does It Taste Like?
- Maple water has a light and refreshing feel to it, and has a slightly sweet woodsy taste. We like to compare it to a glass of water with a drop of honey!
Why Should You Drink It?
- Maple water is very similar to coconut water in the sense that it contains natural vitamins, minerals and electrolytes. However, maple water has half the calories and a milder taste. Our canned cold brew is blended with maple water for a low-calorie caffeine option - our dairy-free, gluten free coffee with a natural source of electrolytes, antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals!
Interested in learning more about Loco Coffee? Check out our products, including canned cold brew coffees brewed with maple water and coconut water. Or, find a store near you to grab some of our better-for-you coffee!